The country facing a financial crisis has witnessed significant dollar buying for import payments, placing pressure on the local currency. The Pakistani rupee continues its depreciation against the US dollar and other currencies in the open market due to a surge in demand for the greenback.
Today’s currency exchange rates in Pakistan, as of November 15, 2023, are as follows:
- US Dollar (USD): Buying – 287.4, Selling – 290.15
- Euro (EUR): Buying – 307, Selling – 309
- UK Pound Sterling (GBP): Buying – 354, Selling – 357.5
- U.A.E Dirham (AED): Buying – 79.55, Selling – 80.3
- Saudi Riyal (SAR): Buying – 76.3, Selling – 77
As of Wednesday, the exchange rate for the US dollar in the open market is 287.4 for buying and 290.15 for selling. The Euro rate has increased to 307 for buying and 309 for selling, while the UK Pound Sterling is available at 354 for buying and 357.5 for selling. The UAE Dirham (AED) has seen a marginal drop, with the new rate at 79.55, and the Saudi Riyal has dropped to 76.30.